My web hosts for this site offered me the chance to migrate to a new platform, from Movable Type to WordPress. I said yes, go ahead. The result is what you see now, a big improvement, I think. The layout and design is so much more versatile. It explains why I have been absent for a while.
Best to not operate this site on a Mac Safari browser, as problems arise when You Tubing a video. I use Firefox.
There has been a lot of interest in this site, especially with Lynn Redgrave about to make an appearance in Los Angeles with her one woman play “Nightingale”. I recently received an inquiry from a writer wanting to delve into my story and make a movie script. Another wanted to write a play. Yet another, ghost write a book for me! Well, I have to say that while I cannot claim copyright to ideas, the specifics of my story are, unfortunately, mine. And I am advised that I should post a notice. Here it is:
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK PROTECTION UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ARE CLAIMED AND ARE HELD BY JOHN CLARK, WHERE HE IS THE SOLE AUTHOR OF THE ORIGINAL TEXT AND PHOTOGRAPHIC CONTENTS OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE LOGO ON THE HOME PAGE WITH THE WORDS “JOHN CLARK’S PRO SE BLOGSITE” AND “SHOW BIZ MEETS THE LAW”.
THIS SITE IS INTENDED FOR STUDY AND USE BY STUDENTS AND OTHERS IN THE HOPE THAT IT WILL BENEFIT PEOPLE IN THEIR UNDERSTANDING OF LEGAL MATTERS FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF THE UNREPRESENTED; AND BY THE PRESS AND OTHER MEDIA.
PERMISSION IS HEREBY GRANTED FOR THE USE OF REASONABLE PARTS OF THE MATERIAL AND/OR TEXT AND/OR QUOTATIONS BY VISITORS TO THE SITE FOR THE PURPOSES OF REVIEW OR COMMENT ONLY, PROVIDED THAT PROPER ATTRIBUTION IS MADE AT THE SAME TIME, AND/OR A LINK IS PROVIDED TO THIS SITE.
IT SHOULD BE UNDERSTOOD THAT THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY THE WRITER ARE FOUNDED UPON AND COLORED BY HIS OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES AND BELIEFS.
JOHN CLARK BELIEVES IN THE FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS OF FREE SPEECH WITHIN LEGAL LIMITS, AND FOR THE RIGHT OF OPPOSING VOICES TO BE HEARD IN PUBLIC FORUMS.
COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK 2004-2006
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
– THE SAFARI BROWSER SEEMS TO HAVE SOME PROBLEMS, ESPECIALLY WHEN LINKING TO A YOU TUBE VIDEO. I THINK IT’S BEST TO AVOID USING SAFARI
– Don’t forget to adjust print size by clicking on “view”, “text size”, and selecting from there.
– If clicking on a picture file, be sure to “X” it out before clicking on the next picture file, or it’ll not work.
– Entries are made and sorted by date, and the latest date will always be on top. This is opposite to what one is used to, but to retain consecutiveness, in some cases read from the bottom up.
– The latest date entries will always appear in the center pane, and are copied to and archived under the appropriate Topic to the left.
– Most of what you see in the center pain are short challenging observations on what is going on in the world today, and are copied to “COMMENTARY”, where they all appear in date order. These observations usually have something to do with the odd behavior of individuals, groups, and countries even, and are therefore of interest to actors and their ilk.
– Other Topics subjects are sometimes updated with further additional information, without appearing in the center pane. Nothing is static. Historic information provided to populate the site is separated in such a way as to allow later insertions to be made, and therefore the date may not accurately reflect the true date and should not be relied upon.
– For quick easy to read entry summaries, use the Yahoo search engine, find this site (john clark blog, or john clark pro se, or whatever), and then click on “More From This Site”. Then you will see dozens of pages with summaries. I don’t think Google offers this option, I may be wrong.
– I use WordPerfect for my word processing, the favorite for many legal people, and useful to open my files where indicated. I am in the process of converting these files into Adobe Reader format.
– Actors will understand this, approach the site as one would approach a play like “Fefu and her Friends” – in other words, think of the Topics as Rooms, and you’re in my House, and each room will reveal different parts of my story. Just remember that this is real life, not fiction.
– The writer is not interested in interactive discussion (that would be “Tony and Tina’s Wedding”) due to some hate mail that comes in from unquestioning diehard Lynn Redgrave fans, but he is happy to receive emails, and will try to respond to them.
HOW TO E-MAIL JOHN CLARK: